Straight, Curved, Thinners, Chunkers, Left and Right handed. Recutting of serrated edges.
We have invested in the best equipment available on the market to ensure we provide the best quality service for your scissors to keep them in the best possible shape. Our state of the art equipment ensures minimum metal removal to give your scissors a long life.
We don’t just sharpen scissors, we service them.
All scissors go through the following procedure:
- Test Cut. To check their current cutting operation.
- Dismantled, (were practical) & thoroughly cleaned.
- Inspected for damage. If your scissors are beyond repair, we will advise you.
- The ride line is re-established. (some scissors eg. Roseline, do not have a ride line)
- The scissor is then sharpened maintaining the original factory edge, be it bevel, semi convex or true convex. Micro serrations are maintained or re-cut as necessary & other edges are polished
- The scissor is then lubricated & re-assembled
- Any missing/damaged parts are replaced, like bump stops, finger rests etc.
- Crossover & balance are reset.
- Re-Tipping (if required)
- Finally we perform test cutting before packing for return to you.